Thursday 23 June 2011

Nearly Done!

Hi my lovely readers!

I know I said on my previous post that I would be posting the day after but I didn’t and I’m truly sorry for that but I have been busy the day after my previous post because it was our first dress rehearsal and I brought my garment home to do a few finishing touches.

Just to let you know the dress rehearsal went well (even though I had problem getting to the hall. :) lol) and today’s fashion show went amazing (in my opinion) and I will post a picture of my dress on the catwalk once a friend of mine send me the pictures. :)

Let’s go back to the main subject.

The bottom half of my dress was less complicated than the bodice since unlike the bodice the bottom half of my dress does not have any panels on the pattern. I sewn down the left side seam of the skirt (bottom half of my dress that need to be attach to the bodice once the gathered layers is construct and attach to the skirt) and the right side seam is left unattached for the zip that would be place there once it is fitted on the model.

After I construct all my gathered layers onto the skirt, I attach the facing onto the back bodice and the back of the skirt before I attach the skirt onto the bodice to create a one piece dress.

I had added a bias binding on the neckline which also be added onto the sleeves of my dress.

The image below is the dress that I had design and create from a 2D form to a 3D form.
Side View

Front View
Back View

The image below is what it look like on my model during fitting week. :)

I'll call her J even though that's not her real name and I'm not sure if I am allowed to say her real name.

My Dress on my Lovely Model J

I know on my title it's says it's nearly done even though on the images above it looks done but the truth is I need to do a few finishing touch onto my garment on this stage and add the zip as well as the bias binding for the sleeves.

Thanks for your time, reading my blog. Have a nice day guys and always take care. :)

0 comments: